Order T’s & C’s • Important Safety Advice • Insurance Details • Legal Disclaimers
Please take the time to read this page carefully. It contains everything you need to know about your rights.
Terms & Conditions.
By placing an order you have to click to accept these conditions and to confirm you have read through them.
Here is a quick overview on the main ordering terms and conditions.
- Stock Status- Item availability is usually accurate however on occasions there may be a delay between stock being updated on our website. We also sell on other platforms such as EBay, Etsy and in person, we do have automatic stock control in place however it can take up to an hour to sync on all platforms. This means occasionally an item may be unavailable at time of order due to being sold on one of the other platforms, in this case we will contact you and offer you the choice of an alternative item or a refund for this product. In all cases the item will be allocated to the customer who’s order completes first regardless of where the order is placed.
- Order cancelations– If you change your mind once an order has been placed you will need to get in contact within 2 hours. We may then agree to cancel an order if we have not yet started processing it. Any fees from our side such as payment processing fees will be deducted from your refund. If we have already started processing or dispatched your order you will need to follow the “Changed Your Mind” below.
- Delivery of orders– All orders are sent via tracked delivery, occasionally things out of our control do go wrong with deliveries. Below you will find the information on what happens should you wish to return an item, a delivery goes missing or arrives damaged.
- Incorrect address– If the address given is incorrect, you must notify us before your order is dispatched. Once dispatched it is out of our control. If the parcel gets returned to us as undeliverable then we can make arrangements to then send it to the correct address.
- Lost Parcel– In the case that your delivery has not arrived we are unable to do anything for 10 working days for standard delivery and 5 working days for express delivery (from the dispatch date), these are set by the delivery partners we use and we have to allow this time to pass before we can contact them. Once your parcel has been confirmed by the delivery partner as lost we can arrange a replacement.
- Damaged Parcel– If a parcel arrives damaged, firstly take a photo of the parcel before opening. Check the contents and take more photographs, send us an email with the images and we will work with you to resolve this. We will decide to replace, partially refund or offer a store credit for the items depending on the type of damage. You must report a damaged delivery within 24 hours.
If more than 24 hours has passed we may not be able to make a claim with the delivery partners, we will submit a claim with the delivery partner and get back to you once they have made a decision.
- Changed Your Mind– If you change your mind, simply get in touch with us within 14 days of delivery. We will provide you with a return address to send the goods back, once received we will aim to refund you within 5 working days. Return postage is at your own cost and can not be reimbursed.
Providing the goods are returned in a clean, unused and Resalable condition condition we will refund the full order amount minus our original postage costs from sending your order. The refund will be sent to the same payment method you used when placing the order.
If goods are returned damaged or appear to be used we may reject the refund or offer up to 50% of the order total as an account credit. We recommend sending items back to us using a tracked/insured service, this is so that if the return delivery goes missing or arrives damaged which was not your fault you can then make a claim with the delivery service you use.
Important Safety Advice
Always inspect candles and burners before each use. check for cracks in any glass or ceramic, if any visible damage to glass or ceramic you may use it at your own risk.
Never leave a burner or candle unattended.
Always place the oil burner on a heatproof mat and away from draughts
Never leave unattended when lit, and keep away from curtains or hanging objects.
If flame becomes dangerous and it is too large to blow out-
1) Try not to panic, promptly close doors/windows to minimise draughts (Draughts can increase the size of flames).
2) Get a “damp-wet” cloth/tea towel.
3) Use the damp-wet cloth/towel to cover the whole item like a tent.
–Do not try to carry the item to a safe place, this could cause injury or make things worse.
This advice should only be used with a traditional candle tealight burner and NOT Electric.
You should only burn a candle or burner for 4 hours
Burners should only be used with 4 hour Tealights. Especially Important for small burners. Things tend to go wrong when the tealight is too large for the burner.
Never light an empty burner.
Never move a hot burner.
If the flame becomes too large it should be extinguished, left to cool, and checked if the wick needs trimming.
Keep out of reach of children & pets
Avoid accidental knocks. (don’t keep it where it can easily be knocked over)
Keep the surrounding space clear, no overhanging items. It is a flame, it needs plenty of room. Close contact with other objects can cause a fire.
Store Wax Melts out of reach of Children & Pets. Some smell incredibly tempting to eat. If a child or pet accidentally eats a wax melt please seek urgent medical advice.
We are insured for Public and Products Liability – This means that our products are also insured. Covers our legal liability for compensation awarded to any claimant in connection with our business:
- For accidental injury to our customers, visitors, people we visit or members of the public
- For accidental damage to property
- For accidental damage or injury caused by products supplied by us
Burning any candles or oil burners irrespective of the brand – always come with the risk of fire, you should never leave it unattended, we can not be held liable when you choose to light a candle or oil burner and you have not followed the safety advice. We are confident in our products and we have done extensive safety checks, like all responsible candle retailers all of our products are insured with product liability insurance should something go wrong. This Product Liability Insurance is valued at £1MILLION, this covers accidental damage to your property or injury caused by our products IF you have followed safety advice.
We follow the CLP Regulations carefully (CLP – regulating household products).
We will not share your data or information with anyone other than required to provide you a service. Our website and your data are encrypted. We do not hold any payment information for any customer/transaction.
For Account and Ordering.
- Full Name – Given to the delivery service used.
- E-mail – To Send you order updates, Product review emails* & Newsletters* -May also given to the delivery service.
- Address – Given to the delivery service used.
- Phone number (optional) – If given we may use this to contact you regarding orders.
* Review emails and or Newsletters – you are asked for consent when creating an account/order. You can opt out of these at any time by contacting us.
Cookies – What are they?
First, and contrary to popular belief, cookies are NOT programs. They don’t do anything at all. They are simple ’text files’ which you can read using the Notebook program on your own PC. Typically, they contain two pieces of information: a site name and unique user ID.
Our site then ’knows’ that you have been here before, and in some cases, tailors what pops up on screen to take account of that fact. For instance, we may have an offer only for existing customers or a recent basket when you have added products to your basket but not checked out.
Some cookies are more sophisticated. They might record how long you spend on each page on a site, what links you click. This benefits us both- For you it helps pages load quicker and reduces your data usage, for example you load a page for the first time and every word, image etc has to be loaded as data, the next time you visit the same page your browser remembers this information and only has to check for updated information. secondly is for us to monitor our website it allows us to create a log which help us see what pages are being visited and how often, we never know who has looked at a page we simply know how many individual devices have viewed or clicked a device over a certain period of time, exactly like a physical store take your local supermarket for example they know how many people enter a store on specific day usually by a special sensor at the doors, some larger stores even know which areas of the store get browsed the most and how long you spend on average in the store.
The role of cookies is beneficial to you, making your interaction with frequently-visited areas of the site smoother – for no extra effort on your part. Without cookies, online shopping would be much harder.
We do not store any personal data in cookies. We also use third-party cookies from Trustpilot, you can find information from Trustpilot here (opens a new window)
‘Cantraig Candles’ Organisation Privacy Notice
Our contact details
Name: Cantraig.co.uk & Mayburys.uk
What type of information we have. We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal contact information, contacts and characteristics (for example, name, address, email and other contact details you gave during order/registration)
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Creating an order or account
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us.
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a vital interest.
(e) We need it to perform a public task.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to process orders and contact you relating to future, current or prior orders.
We may share this information only with our delivery agents.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored on an encrypted database held by FastHosts, they can not see or use your information as it is encrypted.
We keep order details for 5 years. We will then dispose your information.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us via email if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113